Lakeview Police Department
Administration Office Hours
Admin Number: 281-326-1098
Dispatch Number: 281-326-5900 (Open 24/7)
Fax Number: 281-326-1878
Emergencies Dial 911
Serving the cities of El Lago and Taylor Lake Village, Texas since 1987.
In 1986, the two cities of El Lago and Taylor Lake Village decided to merge their police departments. In January 1987, the merger was complete and city leaders had created a larger, more efficient police department. The most immediate tax savings was sharing the expense of having only one Chief of Police.
The formation of the Lakeview Police Department was patterned after the Memorial Villages Police Department in west Houston that serves three cities. Both departments report to a Board of Commissioners composed of representatives from each city that has civilian oversight responsibilities of the police department’s budget and policy and procedures. The Board of Commissioners of the Lakeview Police Department meets every second Monday of each month to address matters of the department and its performance.
DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Lakeview Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in the cities of El Lago and Taylor Lake Village by working cooperatively with the public and within the framework of the United States Constitution to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment.
The following goals are fundamental to meeting our primary mission:
- Provide quality police services to the citizens of El Lago and Taylor Lake Village.
- Protect life and property.
- Prevent and deter crime.
- Investigate criminal acts against the cities, citizens, and visitors.
- Apprehension of criminal offenders committing criminal acts on or against the cities, citizens, and visitors.
- Assist law enforcement agencies in surrounding areas.
- Keep appropriate elected officials and members of the Police Commission promptly and accurately informed on public safety issues affecting the citizens of both cities.